The other day I was in a bad mood. Nothing particularly drastic but just grumpy, tired and a little low. I was tired from a big week so instead of wallowing and creating dramatic reasons for my mood, I decided to flip on youtube and watch a video or two on topics which help me feel alive, expansive and energised.
Little by little and without really trying I started to lighten up. I was interested in life again and it really got me thinking, how often do we experience a mood and then create drama within our heads to attach to it? We love to have reasons for everything, and sometimes we feel a certain way for which we may or may not have a reason for, but then we go hunting for a reason.
As Eckhart Tolle informs us, it’s the act of linking a thought with an emotion that traps the emotion inside of us, instead of just letting it pass in natural timing. It’s okay if the reason is glaringly obvious, but it’s when we go hunting for the reason instead of just being okay with however we’re feeling, that problems occur.
Our ego-mind loves to analyse and create drama, so we don’t need to be creating more situations to call on it’s help. It’s all about accepting however you feel and connecting into your spirit, then proceeding from that space.
In light of my experience I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of high vibrational mood raisers!
- Listen to a guided meditation -I know I’m a bit biased with that one…
- Watch an enlightening non-egoic video on youtube by people such as Alan Watts, Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, Esther Hicks, Bashar, Kryon.
- Read passages from A Course in Miracles, Opening Doors Within by Eileen Caddy or Osho (or any book that enlightens and inspires).
- Help someone else. (While this might be a struggle if your mood isn’t great, but it’s a sure fire way to snap you out of your internal slump!)
- Connect with someone you love through more direct communication like a phone call or in person.
- Ask “What can I give right now” – turn your attitude upside down
- Get outside, I live right by the beach so I flip my shoes off and sink my feet down into the sand.
- Do an Oracle or Tarot card reading to help shift your focus
What are your top methods to lift yourself up and get you feeling good?