one woman's journey to self love and living an awakened life.
This is an easy exercise you can do anywhere. It is beneficial to use when you feel stressed and when your thoughts feel as though they’ve formed a small tornado inside your head. But really, it is beneficial to do anytime.
It is a simple tool to help you chill out! It is meditative, calming, and opens you back up to experiencing the wonder of life.
1. Stare off into space – let your gaze fall where it may (like daydreaming but you are not wandering off with your thoughts, you are staying present with your surrounds through vision)
2. Slowly breathe in, purposefully filling your lungs and then pausing before you release the air. Calmly exhale, feeling your body let go as you release all the air from your lungs.
3. Soften your gaze and let your eyes blur
4. Notice what you now see in front of you. What you really see – not what you think you see. Let the shapes blur, so the edges are no longer solid and finite. Let your mind relax and let go of the need to label everything you see. What if you didn’t know what each thing was in front of you was? What if they didn’t have names? Notice how often your mind wants to say the name or label of whatever you’re looking at.
5. Notice what appears in your peripheral vision.
6. Now move your gaze to other places, (I recommend softly gazing toward water – especially when the sun is shining onto it).
What do you experience when you blur your eyes? This is a quick and easy meditation, and will help snap you out of your stressful life and back into seeing the wonder on offer.
I do this all the time and it’s amazing what you pick up, and how you can experience your surrounds with a whole new appreciation! I see all the colours of the rainbow glistening through each droplet of water in the shower and each drop becomes a chandelier radiating beauty. I see energy flowing up from the ground, as if I am sitting underwater and everything is moving. I see the magic of life free of labels, free of thinking, just experiencing with wonder, awe and amazement. I get to be free in the “I don’t know” space, letting the playground of the world present itself to me.
What do you see?
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,'—that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
Just another WordPress.com site
~ metaphysical musings and personal growth ~