Do you sometimes become aware that after an interaction with someone you can walk away feeling annoyed or agitated? Do you catch yourself constantly thinking about a person or situation for no apparent reason? Does your energy or mood waver so you feel as though you have no control over how you feel? Are you sensitive and aware that you take on emotions and feelings from others?
For a long time I felt as though my moods and emotions were not in my control. I felt as though one moment I could be feeling great, feeling light and happy and then for no apparent reason I would plummet and no longer feel myself. I battled with this for years never understanding what was happening and most of the time feeling as though I was spinning around in an energetic washing machine.
Until I learned about energy and what being sensitive really meant. These days I am much more aware about my energy to the point where I can recognise when I have taken on something that is not mine. I don’t always know where it has come from but that doesn’t matter. The point is to recognise it and as soon as you do – get back to YOU.
How To Tell When You’ve Taken On Energy?
-All of a sudden you feel very tired and catch yourself yawning-Feeling agitated for no particular reason (which may lead you to finding reasons to justify the way you’re feeling)
-Becoming angry out of nowhere
-You just don’t feel yourself
-You feel sad but are unsure why
-You feel low or heavy
-You feel drained of energy
-After you have moved away from someone you can still hear the sound of their voice in your head – as if they are still talking
How Can You Clear or Release Energy?
- Close your eyes and hold your breath; imagine yourself blowing energy out of the top of your head (crown chakra) as if you are a dolphin blowing from your spout. This tip might sound funny until you try it and feel the incredible release. 🙂
- Take a few deep breaths into your heart, feel your heart soften as you grow your connection to the love you hold within you. Send love to the energies you have picked up, and also to the source of the energy.
- Have a shower or a swim and imagine the energies being washed away.
- Hold a rock or a crystal (or anything from nature) and intend to send the energies into it, sending it with love and gratitude.
- Close your eyes and connect into your heart, imagine that you can shake your body like a dog getting out of water. Feel how you can shake off the energies and reconnect back into your true self.
- Burn sage around you and then walk through it.
Try any or all of these clear and releases until you work out which one works best for you. There are many other methods however these are some of the quickest and easiest that I work with for clearing away energy and to use so you can feel yourself again.
The key is to understand that most people don’t even realise that you are picking up their energy and are not doing anything intentionally to cause you harm, pain or discomfort. And the quickest and easiest way to release anything is to move into a place of love.
How do you clear yourself from energies?